Saturday, June 12, 2010

oh man.

Car metal scraping against cement wall - one of the worst sounds in my world. Second only to the sound of the car metal scraping against another.

I scratched the car yet again, going through the narrow entrance to the death trap of a parking lot in the basement of my teacher's building. At least it was just my dad's old van this time...or so I thought.

I'm not a great driver. I don't even know how to parallel park. But I'm not a terrible driver either. I am starting to think/realize that many of the problems in my life actually stem from my personality flaws. Case in point - fed up with my dad's chronic tardiness, I said I'd leave if he didn't get ready in five. So I did. I drove there by myself for the first time and in my haste, scratched my sister's car while parking. If I hadn't acted rashly and had more grace on my dad, I would have been late to my lesson but it wouldn't have been a big deal. But I do hate being late and don't appreciate people disrespecting other people's time. Ahh... grace. I still need to learn to give it freely.

And I hope my dad will have grace on me, even though I'm pretty sure he will nag about it for days to come. I have already closed myself off in my room with bossa nova blaring through my ear buds, in anticipation. In high school, I used to do the same while hiding under my desk so that my grandma couldn't find me. Perhaps this is not the best way to deal with a problem. It has, however, got me really into Brazilian music.

I can hear Jobim sing along with his piano solo on "Vivo Sonhando" - I must have listened to this song at least a few hundred times but I think this is the first time I noticed it.

I am sorry.

I wish cars were like marshmallows. You could bump into another or into a wall and it'd be fine. Except I wouldn't want them to melt and become gooey. Vehicles that look like marshmallow peeps... ?

Hmm... and what if the walls were made out of graham crackers and chocolate bars. If you drove into them, you'd end up with s'mores.

No comments:

Post a Comment