Saturday, July 30, 2011

Favor

I took the girls (my baby bean and the three missionary kids) out on Thursday evening to Little Tokyo. We went to Wurstküche to try the exotic sausages, which in retrospect was not a fantastic idea. Even though their website says that kids and grandparents are "absolutely" allowed, I still felt a bit awkward as people at adjacent tables chugged beer, while we, including 9 year old 마음이, sipped water. Plus, none of the kids wanted to try any of the special sausages and I do not like hot dogs . My vegetarian dog tasted like rubber but jello bean raved that hers was the best hot dog ever.

After a visit to MOCA and Yogurtland, we drove through downtown and I gave them a little tour. I hadn't known Los Angeles either when I lived here as a kid, having been shuttled between school, home & church, with the occasional visit to Koreatown. They loved it. Los Angeles truly is a beautiful city. I drove to Pasadena to drop off the girls, and passed our old apartments on Lake Ave. and Los Robles. The whole night, I had this overwhelming sensation that I am extremely blessed and favored. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment