Thursday, July 14, 2011

Who knew passion tea was such a popular choice?

I've never been the kind of girl to keep a scrapbook of her future wedding. It seems that every time I log onto facebook, a college friend has gotten engaged or is getting married. Today, I thought about it and decided what kind of wedding dress I'd like and what my future spouse's first name might be, among other details. Unfortunately, the particular dress style is probably not the most flattering for my body shape.

I decided to stalk some old flames on facebook. I looked at one profile that doesn't amount to anything more than an ephemeral flicker, then realized that I don't even have old flames I care to look up.

I'm going to a wedding in Big Bear this weekend. I hope they have cake.

And while on this topic, here's a revision of a poem I wrote for my newly engaged friend -

Passion tea, unsweetened
Legs crossed, though my chiropractor told me that’s poor posture
Wondering why people bring little kids to Starbucks…
Why teenagers trickle in after school wearing shorts too short
And are you with child or just with tummy?
Who knew this time would be now?
A gift set of Spam for your new life in Oklahoma
Congratulations, my dear friend.
Who knew passion tea was such a popular choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment