Saturday, August 20, 2011

Block Party!

We attended our street block party/potluck yesterday; I made rainbow pasta salad and Jello, yellow cupcakes. Jell stuck closely to me, as we trekked the ten feet across to our front door neighbor's yard, fretting that "we're the only Asian family here!" She continued by observing all of the awkward things that our dad and I were supposedly doing and declared that me looking at the baby and the bunny was creepier than spying (I had previously told her to stop spying on the block party out the window).

My dad was concerned that we didn't bring "food from our culture" and introduced himself by apologizing that my mom didn't have time to prepare bulgogi. On his name tag, he wrote his newly adopted name, Paul. My mom came later, after she got off work. Our neighbor asked her, "So what business is Paul in?" My mom replied... "Who's Paul?"

No comments:

Post a Comment