Thursday, August 4, 2011

In an effort to clean out the freezer, I heated up the mac & cheese that someone left in our fridge, after buying it at a bake sale back in February. The mac & cheese only had slight freezer burn but still, it was not a great idea to eat it. I also made the last of the round individually packaged pizzas and found a hidden 할라봉 귤 flavored 쮸쮸바, which Bean happily consumed.

I wonder if "when I grow up", I'll have a freezer always stocked with several bags of anchovies from my last trip to/someone's last visit from Korea, along with 김. I don't think I'll let anything else stay in the refrigerator for too long... I like to organize thoroughly and regularly.

There are some expressions that don't translate between Korean and English. While in Korea, I used to say to my aunt that something has been just sitting in the fridge, but in Korean. She would always laugh. I've also attempted to use the expression, "his face fell" in Korean, after I saw my dad's face as he saw me walk in through the door, but that didn't quite work either. He was expecting someone else.

I want to clean stuff out, detox and get ready for a new phase of life. I also just remembered that I was supposed to go to the post office to apply for a passport today. But first a nap. I will look back on my two years in LA as a time of many things, including many naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment